Photo Story: Three Brothers Stay in Poland (Part 1 of 3)

Leokadia, Celina, Aleksander, and Feliks in 1924 (Warsaw, Poland)
(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette)

Feliks Szerejko

My grandfather's older brother Feliks lived his life in Warsaw.  He is pictured above with his second wife, Leokadia (Szymanska), his daughter Celina (Gzell), and his son Aleksander.  My grandmother's sister Helen Bulak stayed with Feliks and his family during the summer of 1937 on her trip to Poland.  Celina and Aleksander survived World War II.  Feliks and Leokadia did not.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Wordless Wednesday: Warsaw Wedding
Szerejko - Szymanska Wedding Invitation - Amanuensis Monday
Leokadia (Szymanska) and Feliks Szerejko - Wordless Wednesday
Where They Lived: Every Address Tells a Story

2 comments:

Kristin said...

They look kind of sad in the photo like they knew what was coming. Although I know they did not.
Good work on keeping those daily posts coming!!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Kristin - They do look kind of sad. I thought the same thing myself. So far I'm keeping up with the daily posts, but it's only been one week. I'm hoping my energy doesn't start to lag. Thanks for the encouragement!