I hope to share research, information, tips, and a little of my family history with others following the path to greater genealogical awareness. Let the search for enlightenment continue...

Monday, May 23, 2011

U.S. Naval School, Newport, RI - Military Monday

(Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia ShenetteDuring the 1950s my dad, Henry Albert Shenette, was stationed in Newport, RI.  He taught gunnery at the U.S. Naval School there for a number of years.  My dad is the fourth sailor from the left in the back row of this photo.  I don't know who the other sailors and officers are.  If your dad, grandfather, or great-grandfather taught at the U.S. Naval School in Newport in 1953 take a look at this photo, and maybe you'll recognize someone you know.  If you do, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post.  I'd love to hear from you!

U.S. NAVAL SCHOOL
INSTRUCTORS
CLASS NO. 18 A 53


Other Posts You Might Like:

Tombstone Tuesday: Francois Chenette, Civil War Soldier
Books of Interest: The Life of Billy Yank
Veteran's Day: The Life of a Doughboy, 1918
Post World War II "Care" Packages - Amanuensis Monday

No comments: