U.S. Naval School, Newport, RI - Military Monday

(Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia ShenetteDuring the 1950s my dad, Henry Albert Shenette, was stationed in Newport, RI.  He taught gunnery at the U.S. Naval School there for a number of years.  My dad is the fourth sailor from the left in the back row of this photo.  I don't know who the other sailors and officers are.  If your dad, grandfather, or great-grandfather taught at the U.S. Naval School in Newport in 1953 take a look at this photo, and maybe you'll recognize someone you know.  If you do, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post.  I'd love to hear from you!

U.S. NAVAL SCHOOL
INSTRUCTORS
CLASS NO. 18 A 53


Other Posts You Might Like:

Tombstone Tuesday: Francois Chenette, Civil War Soldier
Books of Interest: The Life of Billy Yank
Veteran's Day: The Life of a Doughboy, 1918
Post World War II "Care" Packages - Amanuensis Monday

1 comment:

Roger LaFerriere said...

Cindy, I remember when your dad, my Uncle Henry, taught at Newport. To be sure I was just a very little guy then. Your father had recently badly injured his hand in a training accident at the gunnery school. My father took my mother and me down to Newport to visit Uncle Henry in the hospital. The doctors barely saved his hand from amputation, it was that badly injured.