Company M, Thirty-First U.S. Infantry - Military Monday

(Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia ShenetteAs a bit of a departure from my usual Amanuensis Monday posts and my Mystery Monday posts, I thought I'd do a Military Monday post in anticipation of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday.  My dad, Henry Albert Shenette, was a long-time military man who served first in the United States Army and then later in the United States Navy.  Before World War II he enlisted in the army and was stationed in the Philippines.  While my dad is not pictured in this photo, I thought I'd post it anyway in an effort to possibly connect with other folks who might have had family members stationed in the Philippines at the same time as my dad. The text below the photo reads,

CO. "M", THIRTY-FIRST U.S. INFANTRY.
1ST LT. TRULY (C.O.)     1ST. SGT. BUTCHER
PHILIPPINE ISLANDS     OCT., 1939

If you recognize any of the men in this photo I'd love to hear from you.  Please leave a comment at the end of this post.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Veteran's Day: The Life of a Doughboy, 1918
(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: WWI Red Cross Volunteers
Where They Lived: Every Address Tells a Story
(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Valley Forge is Back Again

No comments: