Advent Calendar: Christmas Cards from Poland and Germany










(Copyright (c) 2010 Cynthia Shenette) Here is a sampling of my vintage Christmas cards. The top four cards are from Poland. The last card with the fountain and Christmas tree was sent from post World War II Germany.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Advent Calendar, Food: What the Dickens, Or How to Blow Up a Duck
Reflecting on My American Experience This Thanksgiving
The Stories My Grandmother Told Me
Amanuensis Monday: Clairvoyants and Distractions

7 comments:

Diana Ritchie said...

How beautiful! Do you display these each year as part of your Christmas decorating??

Cynthia Shenette said...

Hi Diana. No I don't, or at least I haven't up until now. I recently "found" them as I've been working my way through a box of old letters from Poland. Many of the Christmas cards were tucked inside of letters. What a good idea though.

Barbara Poole said...

Your cards are beautiful, and the third is so vibrant. Isn't it wonderful that our parents, or grandparents thought to save these? In my family, nobody wanted my grandfather's hand made cards, only me!

Greta Koehl said...

I love Christmas cards in foreign languages. Diana has a good idea - these might look lovely in a frame or display case of some sort.

Jennifer said...

How blessed you are to have those! What a treasure!

Susan Clark said...

LOVE the cards. I wanted you to know that I've enjoyed your blog enormously and have shared the Ancestor Approved award with you. Thanks for such great reads! http://nolichuckyroots.blogspot.com/2010/12/blogging-heaven-carnivals-calendars-and.html

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you all for your nice comments. I am lucky to have them.

Greta and Diana, I think you are right. It would be nice to display them in some way.

And Susan thank you so much for the Ancestor Approved award. I truly appreciate it.