Photo Story: Grandma and Grandpa Get Married

Adolf Szerejko and Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko
(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia ShenetteMy grandparents were married on February 11, 1920 at Our Lady of Czestochowa, in Worcester, Massachusetts. My grandmother and her mother Ewa (Kowalewska) Bulak, both seamstresses, made the dress. Her flowers are freesias--one of my grandmother's favorite flowers.  After the wedding the couple took a train trip to Niagara Falls for their honeymoon.


Other Posts You Might Like:

Wordless Wednesday: Warsaw Wedding
Always a Bridesmaid - Mystery Monday
Send Up A Flare, Mystery Bride Identified! - Mystery Monday
The Mystery Brides Are Back, A New Season Begins - Mystery Monday

4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

A truly happy photo. Seeing it, is a great way to begin my day.

Carol said...

Beautiful, the photo, the story, the dress, the flowers, the couple!

WOW!!

Root Digger said...

What a lovely photo. The Bride is radiant. Her husband could be in old movies...Handsome as she is beautiful!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you all for your comments! I will admit, this is one of my favorite photos in my collection.