Not So Wordless Wednesday: It's Costume Month at Heritage Zen!

(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) Cynthia Shenette) This is the first photo in my line up of Wordless Wednesday photos with people dressed in costumes of one sort or another. I have lots of photos of people in costumes, and given that Halloween is a big day to dress up, I thought October would be a good month to present a small sampling of costume shots from my photo collection.

This is a good one to start the month off with as Jasia at Creative Gene reminded me that October is Polish Heritage Month! I have no idea what the event was, but the words written in the right-hand corner, Chapka '45, give me a clue. I looked up the word chapka, and apparently it's a Polish military hat. My guess is Chapka '45 was some kind of a Polish celebration in Worcester, MA.

My mom, Christine (Szerejko) Shenette, is the girl on the far right. I don't know who the other three girls in the photo are. My guess is the photo may have been taken at the Worcester Auditorium, given the brick wall and all of the pulleys and cables in the background. The reason I know this is back in the late 1970s and 1980s I performed in a number of shows at the Worcester Auditorium. Ah, but that's next week's picture. Stay tuned...


Other Posts You Might Like:

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: It's Polka Time!
Meditation: Family History
What's In A Name (An Ongoing Series): Kowalewski
Postcards from the Edge: Genealogy Road Trippin'

No comments: