A Snowy Mirage - Wordless Wednesday

Swift River Covered Bridge, Conway, NH
(Digital Image; Photograph and Text, Copyright (c) 2013 Cynthia Shenette) A couple of weeks ago my family and I spent a few days in New Hampshire in the North Conway area.  We drove up in a snow storm, and we drove home just after a snow storm.  I took this photo of the Swift River Covered Bridge (1870) on our drive home.  

One of the days we were in Conway we drove by a farm that offers sleigh rides.  It was late afternoon and the sun was just beginning to set.  The horses must have been done with rides for the day.  Several huge draft horses were in the field, their bright blankets in brilliant contrast to the fresh white snow.  Most of the horses stood quietly, but a couple scampered in the snow, manes flying wild in the wind.  One horse threw his head back, steam rising from his nostrils.  I didn't have my camera that day.  Two days later I went back to that same spot to take their picture.  No horses. 

Maybe it was all a mirage...


Other Posts You Might Like:

Wordless Wednesday: Dad, Someplace Cold
Where I Grew Up - Wordless Wednesday
Baby It's Cold Outside - Wordless Wednesday
Grandma and Grandpa's Barn - Wordless Wednesday

3 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

I loved your snow covered red bridge, and the mirage with the horses. Hint, always carry your camera (I've seen your fancy one, but maybe get an inexpensive pocket camera for your pocketbook).

Cynthia Shenette said...

Barbara - Now I know the secret to your success! ;) Thank you!

Nancy said...

Cynthia, I don't know where you stand on awards but I've come to bestow on one on your and your blog. It's the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. You can read more at http://nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-favorite-award-to-give.html. (I finished the post late last night and was too tired to contact the recipients.) Thanks for being such a great supporter of my blog by reading, visiting, and commenting. I appreciate it!