Grandma in a Tree - Wordless Wednesday


(Original Image and Text, Copyright (c) 2011 Cynthia Shenette) I have no idea what the heck is going on here.  Do any of you have photos of your grandmother in a tree?  My grandmother, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko, is the young woman in the middle sitting in the crook of the tree.  Her sister, Helen Bulak, is the young woman standing on the ground.  I'm not sure exactly, but I think my grandmother's cousin, Sophie (Kowalewski) Konopka, is the girl standing in the tree at the top of the picture.  I'd love to know the back-story on this picture...


Other Posts You Might Like:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...
First Communion - Mystery Monday
A Comedy of Errors: My Family in the Census (Part 1 of 3)
Mom, At the Ballet - Wordless Wednesday

7 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

I'd love to know the rest of the story too! You don't see prim and proper looking ladies like these climbinb trees every day!

Kristin said...

I do not have any photos of my grandmother in a tree. More's the pity.

Greta Koehl said...

I am envious - how neat to have a grandmother who climbed trees!

Joan said...

Don't care what it meant, tho t'would be nice to know the backstory --- but loved the pic.

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Ooooh, what a great photo! Thanks so much for sharing it...

my Heritage Happens said...

Wonderful photo! So very unique! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Funny you should ask - yes, I DO have a picture of my granny up a tree, strangely enough... it's at
http://imagespast.wordpress.com/2011/04/23/up-a-tree-k-i-s-s-i-n-g-sepia-saturday/
Now, if only she had left a detailed diary of the events, the picture would be complete! Jo