Votes, Awards, and Powerball, Oh My!

(Copyright (c) 2010 Cynthia Shenette) Yesterday was a REALLY good day. Heritage Zen was listed with the all of the wonderful blogs nominated for Family Tree Magazine's 40 Best Genealogy Blogs! I was, and still am, thrilled and excited beyond belief. My day is brighter! My skin is clearer! My house is cleaner! I even think I lost a couple of pounds! All since yesterday! (I know I've used too many exclamation marks in one paragraph, but I don't care!!!)

What a difference a week can make. Last Monday my husband was sick and my son had just recovered from a horrible 24 hour bug. They didn't get it at the same time of course so the 24 hour bug turned into a 48 hour bug by the time they were both done with it. Thankfully I didn't get sick, but I will admit to feeling a wee bit sorry for myself after several days of worrying about and attending to them. By mid week, when everyone was on the mend, I put down my can of Lysol and took a couple of minutes to check out what was going on in the blogosphere. I brightened considerably when I found out I had won a copy of
Roots Magic from Amy's give-away at The We Tree Genealogy Blog. Wow! Later that same day I discovered Susan at Nolichucky Roots had honored me with my first Ancestor Approved award. Another wow! As if that wasn't enough, on Friday Greta at Greta's Genealogy Bog gave me a nice shout out AND awarded me with Genea-Angel in her Friday newsletter!

Last night Susan from Nolichucky Roots, who is also nominated in the same "New Blog" category as I am, dropped me a lovely message congratulating me on my nomination. When I told her about my week, she suggested this might be a good time to play lotto. I heartily agree. The only way things could possibly get better is if I read about my Family Tree win while I'm sunning myself on the beach at Waikiki after I win Powerball!

Anyway, if you are so inclined, I encourage you to vote for Heritage Zen, which you can do
here. There are so many wonderful geneablogs out there, honestly, it is a privilege to be listed with them. Thank you everyone!

Now, I'm off to play Powerball.
Aloha friends!


Other Posts You Might Like:

Meditation: The Strength of Ordinary Women
The Stories My Grandmother Told Me
Where They Lived: Every Address Tells a Story
COG 97: Researching the "Coldbrook Tragedy" (Part 1 of 4)

11 comments:

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Congratulations, Cynthia! Well-deserved!

Carol said...

Never, EVER, too many exclamation marks in a pargraph, when that paragraph is about a well deserved nomination. Congrats!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not enough exclamation marks, but that should get you started!

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Did you get your RootsMagic package yet? Congrats on the nomination and everything else. I'm going to stick by you and see if some of this luck rubs off in my direction.

Greta Koehl said...

Sooo well deserved. I'm exercising my fingers to vote for two of my favorite writers who just happen to have that special Slavic connection....

Tina Lyons said...

Congrats!

Jasia said...

You've got my vote!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you ladies for all your kind comments and for reading my blog this year. When I started back in February I thought, who's going to read this stuff? I'm so glad you all did and do! At the very least my ancestor's have come out of the "shoe-box" and seen the light of day.

Elizabeth - Congratulations and good luck yourself!

Carol - You go girl!!!!!!!!!!

Amy - We have one of those collective boxes, so I haven't been down there to check the mail in a couple days. I'll let you know. FYI, when my money comes in, I'll send a couple thousand your way for jump starting my lucky streak!

Greta and Jasia - Thank you both so much. I don't know how to how to say thank you in Russian or Polish, at least without my "lost in translation" translation possibly offending someone. A simple thank you will have to do!

Tina - Contratulations and good luck yourself!

Kerry Scott said...

Congratulations! This really is one of the best new blogs of the year.

Cynthia Shenette said...

Kerry - Thank you so much! It means a lot, because I know you are a girl who doesn't "mince words" as my mom use to say. I appreciate your support.

BTW, do you still have the psychic's number? Maybe she can help me with my Powerball pick.

Michelle Goodrum said...

I hope you win big!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you Michelle! So do I!