Heritage Zen's Big Reveal: My New Template

With four months of blogging experience behind me I decided Heritage Zen needed some sprucing up, or as Emeril Lagasse likes to say, I decided to "kick it up a notch." Frankly, I needed a little more excitement from my template. The old template served me just fine, but I was looking for something new and a little more glamorous. Kind of like getting a whole beauty make-over rather than just settling for a new color of lipstick, if you know what I mean. I wanted something functional but pretty and with a few more options. I finally found a template that I liked and spent a good part of yesterday downloading and organizing it with assistance from my husband, a tech geek by profession. I will say I'm glad I made the change now while my blog is fairly new, because I did have to tweak it quite a bit to get everything to work correctly. Anyway, take a look and see what you think. So far I'm enjoying it. Now if I can just get someone to nominate me for the "frumpy middle-aged mommy" episode of TLC's "What Not To Wear" I'd be all set...

5 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous! well chosen and well done! Congrats

it is that stuff about doing the template changes early vs later and all the fixing that keeps me with what I have, I am just going to have to learn to love it, errr, live with it!

Thomas MacEntee said...

Using a line from an old SNL skit: You look mahvelous! What a great new look!

Dontcha wish our own personal makeovers were this easy?

Susan Clark said...

Like they said, Cynthia! I'm delighted I "found" you in your new duds, but I like the content even more than the glamour. Do, please, let me know if you find inner peace and that elusive relative with the constant surname. It would give me hope...

Greta Koehl said...

Very elegant!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments! It's day two, and I'm still happy with my template. So far so good. I will say it was quite a bit of work. I'm glad I made the change early on in the process and over a weekend when my husband was available to help.

Thanks again!

Cindy